This Baked Shrimp Tartare is a low fibre recipe; perfect as a starter for our Team DSM riders the evening before a mountain stage in a Grand Tour.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 350g shrimps
- 75g 0% fat Quark
- 5g dill
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- 2 slices of white sourdough bread
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 stump of little gem lettuce
- 5g Finca Duernas olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- Cutting board
- Kitchen machine/mixer
- Frying pan
- Dab the shrimps with kitchen role to dry them.
- Heat up the frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil
- Fry the shrimps for three minutes, then add the garlic and fry them for three more minutes. When the shrimps are done, take them off the heat and set aside.
- Put the bread slices on a plate, wash the little gem salad and divide it evenly over the bread.
- Mix the lemon juice, Chinese 5 spice, dill and quark in the kitchen machine/mixer until it’s a nice sauce. Then add the shrimps and mix them slowly in the kitchen machine/mixer for a short period (three times for five seconds long). Make sure you don’t blend the shrimps too long because the tartare then becomes a mousse!
- Add some salt and pepper to taste, put the shrimp tartare on the bread with the little gem and add some lemon slices for decoration.