We appreciate the trust you place in us and that is the reason why we handle the personal data you provide to us with the greatest possible care. Team DSM respects your right to privacy. We use this policy to inform you of how we handle your personal data.
Who are we?
Team DSM is a trade name of SMS Cycling BV, a company with its registered office at Birnieweg 15, 7418 HH Deventer, The Netherlands.
Who are you?
You are the person who attends our (online) partner events, who registers for a newsletter or visits our website.
What personal data do we process and for which purposes?
Personal data is all data that says something about you or that we can relate to you as an individual. Team DSM processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide this information to us. Personal data that is needed for our events such as your name, organisation, job title, address, telephone number and email address.
In order to organise our (online) events
- To reserve a place for you at the (online) event(s) you requested to attend;
- To provide you with information about the event(s) for which you have registered, such as event updates, and possible changes, cancellation or similar information;
- For general administration and organisation of our events, for example to contact you with information about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at, or attending as we need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event.
- To ask you for your feedback or review after an event you have attended;
- To film and/or photograph the event which will be used to market our services and to promote future events.
- To plan better future events and attendee experience.
In case of registration for a newsletter
You are asked to provide contact details during the registration for a newsletter so that the newsletter can be sent to you by email.
We send newsletters if you have subscribed to these. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters or other commercial communications at any time. This possibility is offered to you in the email itself or you can unsubscribe using the objection form that you can find on each brand page in the privacy statement on our website.
In order to analyse the use of our website
We also store the log files of the website such as error reports. We remember the data that were entered during the booking process so that you do not have to enter everything again.
Who receives your personal data?
Within Team DSM, your personal data is shared only with those departments and staff who need access for the processing purposes set out above.
We may share some of the information with external organisations providing services for the event you are attending, in particular we may share your information (including dietary requirements) with catering services if you are attending an event where catering is offered. The information shared will only be used to provide the service required and will not be retained by these external organisations after the event is concluded.
Third party event app providers
On the basis of which principles do we process your personal data?
Your personal data is retained for as long as necessary for the processing purposes and is then deleted permanently within the term that applies for this purpose. At the moment you submit an objection to processing of personal data for commercial purposes, we will register this in our systems and we will no longer use your personal data for the relevant personalised and/or commercial purposes.
Your privacy rights
Team DSM is transparent and strives to provide services to its customers, website visitors and/or if you are a user of one of our other (online) services. We process personal data as explained in this privacy statement in order to make services possible. We hope that you see the benefit and also gain the benefit in which connection with everyone can have personal preferences. If this is not your experience and you have a different opinion, you can consult with us in order to possibly adjust matters.
You can exercise the following privacy rights in respect of the processing of your personal data described in this privacy statement:
- You can object to the processing of your personal data:
- If you would like to object to the processing of your personal data as a whole, please contact email@example.com.
- You have the right to have incorrect personal data corrected or to supplement personal data.
- You have the right to limit the processing of your personal data if data is incorrect, you have lodged an objection or you indicate that we are not allowed to further process certain data, for example.
- You have the right to inspect your personal data.
If you have questions about the above rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If we are unable to reach agreement following consultation, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority which can be reached at telephone number +31900 2001201.
We have the right to adjust this privacy statement and recommend that you consult this page from time to time to stay informed of the manner in which we process your personal data. This privacy statement was updated most recently on [date: March 19, 2021]
We implement suitable technical and organisational measures to secure your personal data. This means among other things that we conclude agreements with service providers that process personal data on our behalf, in which agreements we oblige them to implement these measures as well.
Notification data leaks
A data leak exists if personal data belonging to our clients, business relationships or employees has been exposed to loss or unlawful processing. This is the case for example if personal data ends up in the hands of third parties that should not have access to that data.
Have you discovered a (possible) data leak? Please notify us as quickly as possible by email via email@example.com.
In addition to the above, Velon will also use your data in order to promote cycling and its events. For the latter we will share your personal data with Velon in order for them to:
- Analyse the behaviour of website visitors.
• Provide website visitors with better service and support.
• Provide website visitors with relevant offers, campaigns and general advertisements in order to promote cycling and its events.
- Click here for more information on how Velon handles your personal data.