Enjoy this tasty treat after your ride with a nice cup of coffee. During this year’s Tour de France our cook made this cheesecake for the riders on the first rest day and it went down very well!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 220g Bastogne cookies
- 200g 0% fat Quark
- 600g Philadelphia light
- 75g flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100g honey
- 90g butter
- 300g stroopwafels
- Kitchen machine/mixer
- Pie pan – 28cm
- Baking paper
- Silicone spatula
- Chopping board
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Melt the butter and crush the Bastogne cookies, mix them until there is a solid mass.
- Put the baking paper on the bottom of the pie pan and add the Bastogne mixture, making sure you spread it equally and smoothly on the bottom.
- Whisk the Philadelphia and low fat quark into a smooth mass, then add the eggs one-by-one to the mixture
- Add the flour, lemon juice and honey to the quark mixture and whisk.
- Chop 200g of stroopwafel, add them to the quark mixture.
- Add the quark mix into the pie pan on top of the base, and put it in the oven for 50/55 minutes.
- Let the cheesecake cool down and then add the other 100g of stroopwafel on top.
- Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy!