Rest day dinner: Pizza with prosciutto and grilled veggies
A nutritious and delicious recipe for a rest day pizza party.
Whole wheat dough (makes 8 pizzas)
- Whole wheat flour (De Bisschopsmolen) 1kg
- Water 500ml
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (Finca Duernas) 50ml
- Salt 20g
- Instant Yeast 20g
Ingredients (toppings for 1 pizza)
- Tomato sauce 100ml
- Aubergine 100g
- Roasted courgette 100g
- Roasted red bell pepper 100g
- Mozarella 30g
- Prosciutto 70g
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Finca Duernas) 5ml
- Oven tray
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen paper
- To make the dough, combine the instant yeast with cuke warm water and let the yeast activate for about 5 minutes. Then combine the yeast mixture with the rest of the ingredients and kneed well for 5-10 minutes until an elastic dough is formed.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven on 200 degrees.
- Cut all the vegetables and place them on an oven tray with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Let the vegetable roast until soft and slightly browned
- Increase the oven temperature to 250 degrees.
- Once the dough is ready, divided it into 8 balls and gently form the dough into the desired shape.
- Add the tomato sauce, the roasted vegetables, the mozzarella and the prosciutto
- Bake the pizza for ~15 minutes until he crush is crunchy and golden brown.
Tip: To make this pizza vegetarian, you can replace the prosciutto with some sundried tomatoes.