Enjoy this tasty recipe that our team chef made as the starter for the riders’ dinner after the first stage at La Vuelta.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 whole grain wraps
- 2 avocados
- 1 red onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lime
- 100g arugula/rocket
- Fincas Duernas olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cutting board
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion into small cubes.
- Cut the avocados in half and take the pit out of them.
- Remove the avocado flesh from the skin with a spoon.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Place the wraps in the oven (make sure they are not on top of each other).
- The wraps will inflate and get brown/darken, when they are crispy you can take them out!
- Mix the avocado mash, cucumber, tomato and red onion together.
- Add the juice of one lime and mix with pepper and salt.
- Cut the wrap into four pieces.
- Divide the avocado mash onto four plates, place the wraps in the avocado mash.
- Add some arugula/rocket on top and finish off with a little bit of Finca Duernas olive oil!