Nuoc Cham Vietnamese Noodle salad and Crispy tofu – 2 people
This recipe from our cooks is perfect after a long and crispy spring ride on your bike.
- 300 grams of Vietnamese Vermicelli
- 20 grams of fresh mint (Chopped)
- 200 grams Silken Tofu
- 500 grams fresh tomatoes (Chopped in cubes)
- 5 spring onions (Chopped in rings)
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 20 grams of thick sweet Ketjap Medja
- 5 grams of Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 Red chilli pepper (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons (coconut) sugar
- Juice of 3 limes
- 30 ml fish sauce
- Baking Pan
- Kitchen paper
- Make sure all the veggies are chopped and put them on the side.
- Follow the instructions on the Vermicelli Noodles package and cook them.
- After they are cooked, drain them and put them in a salad bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Nuoc Cham Dressing, set the dressing aside in a bowl.
- Cut the Tofu into thick slices and tick off with some kitchen paper.
- Spread half of the dressing over the noodles and add the vegetables and mint to the bowl and mix it all together.
- Mix the other half of the dressing with the turmeric and ketjap and rub the Silken Tofu with it.
- Heat a baking pan on a high heat, add the olive oil and bake the tofu on both sides until it’s crispy.
- Top off the salad with the crispy tofu and enjoy!
Tip: you can also add other vegetables to the salad as long as they are thinly sliced (like cucumber or carrots).